So, what does one do on a Monday night when you come off a really long weekend of work, after a fantastic week in Provincetown, MA? Reorganize your kitchen and bake cookies to get rid of surplus!
Yes folks! You heard it hear first! Although I may need people like I need air my inner homebody/Donna Reed comes out every once in a while and I just get an itch to make a cookie...or a lamb chop... Boy am I gonna make some boy REAL happy one day!
So here is my recipe for Cherry Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies!
(Sorry for the lack of pictures but I've had no time to go out and buy film...yes film for my Pentax)
1 stick plus 6 TBS unsalted butter (softened)
3/8ths cup (6 TBS) firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
3/8ths cup (6 TBS) Dark Brown Sugar
1 tsp good vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS salt
3 cups Oats (I like Quaker® - it's yummy)
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together till nice and creamy (feel free to use your Kitchen-Aid® but since I don't own one I use a fork and it works just fine!)
3. Add both eggs and vanilla. Beat well. (I switch to a whisk here for better and quicker incorporation)
4. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well and using a strainer sift over wet ingredients in parts, mixing as you go!
5. Add oats, chocolate & cherries. Mix well (if you are doing this liek me, by had, switch to a rubber spatula for easy incorporation)
6. On ungreased cookie sheets drop small rounded tablespoonfuls and bake for 8 to 10 mins or until they star becoming light golden brown.
(Note: cookies keep cooking even after you take them out of the oven! So, better to be on the shy side of golden if you are unsure!)
7. Let cool on the pan for 5 mins before transferring to a rack to let cool completely!
These cookies would make awesome ice cream sandwiches!!!
Hope you like this quickie blog!
The Gay Gourmet!™
©2011 Michael Muñoz