Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cabernet Goat Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookie -National Cookie Week! - The Gay Gourmet!™

YAY! Day 6 of National Cookie Week is here! I'm exhausted but National Cookie Week is still going strong!

I wanted this next cookie to be very adult. I mean it is the weekend after all! Actually this cookie was inspired by a really fantastic meal I recently had at a little restaurant in Brooklyn, named Stone Park. I took Momma Gladys there for her birthday and they no.1 treated us like royalty & no.2 served one of the most delicious tasting menus I've had in a long time! It was seven courses of fabulousness that I'll have to dedicate a whole other blog to.

That being said I wanted to create something that would remind me of this evening. But how?!?! Well, I started thinking about good wine and how that can really make an evening..so there! A WINE COOKIE...well that can't just be it.. okay...I thought to myself.. Wine & chocolate! Two things that always pair well together and remind me of decadent evenings. But it just wasn't enough for me...I needed that wow factor! Goat Cheese! There is nothing more I love than a good cheese plate! There it was folks! The idea had made it and here I went with it! I give you my...

Cabernet, Goat Cheese Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie!







* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon or dry red wine
* 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
* .40 lbs of Nice soft Goat Cheese (Something like a Coach Farms would work well)

Preheat oven 375 F

1. In bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugars and beat until fluffy.

2. Add egg, vanilla and wine and beat until well mixed. (It's going to be very wet! That's okay! Don't you get any ideas!)

3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.

4. Slowly add to wet mixture in sections and fold in until just combined.

5. Fold in chocolate. Place heaping tablespoons of dough about 1.5 inches apart on greased cookie pans.

6. Take small marble sized chunks of Goat Cheese and place in the center of the cookies

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

They are really fabulous! I also tried something different with these and used a mini muffin pan to bake these into the cutest cookie cups! It's a new trend happening in the city that is being led by people like Schmackary's & Cups. For some reason I feel these cookies work really well like that! The flavors are really great consolidated into this tiny cookie cup! Either way they are great & very different! (Click the pink links..check those guys out!)









I'm actually getting a little sad that National Cookie Week is coming to an end..but we won't discuss it till tomorrow!! Till then may all your cookie dreams come true!

Deliciously Living,

Michael Muñoz

The Gay Gourmet!™

NCW image by Gerard Conte ©2011

Photo by John Dolan Photography ©2011

Support those boys..click the links!

©2011 Michael Muñoz



No comments:

Post a Comment