Nothing warms my heart more than a good piece of home made banana bread! Okay, maybe there's a man out there that can warm my heart but until I meet him banana bread it will have to be.
Momma Gladys used to bake a lot when I was just a papoose but, unfortunately thanks to liquor & age, I don't really recall much of that. SO, you aren't gonna get any sappy, fun, stories there but what I will tell you is that I do imagine you making this for your loved one. Maybe even waking up to your man bringing you a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning, this banana bread and the funnies all hot off the presses! A Gay Gourmet can dream can't he?
The Mise en Place!
Couldn't wait to slice into it!!!
It was gone in less than a day!
Sorry there aren't more pictures but it's hard to video and take pictures during the process as well!! I need a staff!!
The Video with a special guest!!! WATCH ON!
* 2 large eggs
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 cup smashed ripe bananas (about 3 or small/medium)
* 1/3 cup buttermilk
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup Toasted Coconut
* 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 shots (4.5 oz) Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease 8 1/2x4 1/2x2 1/2-inch pan; dust with flour.
2. Toast coconut in a dry pan over medium low heat till it just starts to turn brown and becomes fragrant. about 5 mins or so.
3. Remove coconut from pan and let cool.
4. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl until thick and light using your electric mixer.
5. Mix in smashed bananas, buttermilk, oil, coconut and vanilla.
6. Then sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over mixture and beat until just blended.
7. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake till the bread is golden brown on top and toothpick/tester comes out clean. Just about an hour.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to let cool. As it cools pour the rum on top and let soak!
9. Once cooled lightly sift some confectioners sugar on top and serve!
The Gay Gourmet!™