So Day 2 of National Cookie Week is in full swing and I was seriously at a loss of which cookie recipe to post today! SO I finally narrowed it down to my
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies! (aka Ms. Cookie Choconuts!)
This cookie is so delightfully delicious and I'm sure would be a kid pleaser! I mean even my trainer goes gaga for these! I guess it's really the gay interracial marriage (yup I said it) of peanut butter and white chocolate! EAT on!
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
* 2/3 cup chunky or creamy peanut butter (Or sometimes I use 1/3 all natural creamy 1/3 honey nut - your choice)
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1.5 cups white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
3. In a larger bowl using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (that I still don't own..let me know if you want to send me one cause I do everything by hand... Don't you get aaaany ideas!) SO cream the butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat eggs into wet mixture, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Pour in flour, in sections, and beat mixture till incorporated!
6. Stir in white chocolate chips
7. Drop dough by level tablespoons about an 1 inch apart onto greased/buttered baking sheets and bake cookies in batches in middle of oven for 10 minutes. Cool cookies on pans for 5 mins before moving to racks.
8. Cookies keep in airtight containers for around 5 days.
Hope you enjoy!! YAY NATIONAL COOKIE WEEK!
©2011 Gerard Conte
The Gay Gourmet!™
©2011 John Dolan Photography
©2011 Michael Muñoz