Friday, May 6, 2011

S'mores Cookies! National Cookie Week! - The Gay Gourmet!™


It's Day 5 of National Cookie Week and we are going strong!! I just got off the phone/radio with Jill Hickey (aka @NotSoSoccerMom) and I had a blast! She is a sweetheart and a huge supporter of National Cookie Week! (Click her name to go back and hear the podcast!) Lot's of exciting things are happening!

Especially the cookie of the day!

I love the transition in NYC from Spring to Summer. Especially this year as we are actually getting a Spring! The mornings and evenings are brisk as the day warms up! I love it! It kinda makes me want to be outdoorsy and go camping. But not real camping..I want a cute cabin with all the amenities and maybe a hot houseboy. I'm too pretty to sleep in the dirt and who wouldn't want a houseboy?!?! hahah.

Well, since I don't have access to any of that here in my tiny Times Sq. apartment I figured this cookie would be the next best thing! Ladies & Gentlemen I introduce to you...

Ms. Mellow Crackers! aka The S'mores Cookie!!







A portable s'more! Who needs a campfire, ticks and poison ivy?!?! Not me! Nooo ma'am!




Her Needs..

* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
* 1 cup mini marshmallows plus more for garnish

The method of seduction!

Preheat oven to 350

1. In your fancy electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (insert the I don't own one so I do everything by hand, so please send me one joke here) Beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.

2. Beat in egg and vanilla.

3. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Then add in sections to wet ingredients.

4. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows!

5. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets about 1.5 inches apart. Dough should be pliable enough that you can form balls by hand! (Tip: try keeping the marshmallows on top of the cookie. It'll stick to the bottom less as the marshmallow cooks/caramelizes.)

6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Once you pull them from the oven you can add more marshmallows by pressing them into the hot dough if desired!

7. Cool on sheet about 5 minutes before moving to wire racks.







They are scrumptious if I do say so myself! I hope everyone's Cinco De Mayo was faboo and gird your loins for tomorrow's crazy cookie! Only 2 days left of National Cookie week! So check out the Facebook, the Tumblr and the hashtag #NationalCookieWeek for great recipes!





Deliciously Living,

Michael Muñoz

The Gay Gourmet!™

NCW art by Gerard Conte ©2011

Photo by John Dolan Photography ©2011

Click their names & support them!!


©2011 Michael Muñoz

No comments:

Post a Comment