Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Quick & Easy! The Gay Gourmet™

Sometimes I get home late from work and the last thing I want to do is cook! Much like tonight. I'm feeling like a cold or something is trying to inch it's way into my body (don't you get any ideas), it's snowing, Bravo Housewives re-runs on and the last thing I want to do is cook but I'M STARVING!

What to make???...what to make???... WHAT THE .... TO MAKE!?!

SOUP! I'm really craving it, plus I'm a firm believer in the healing power of a good bowl of soup! UGH! But SOUP!?! It'll take forever.. well not The Gay Gourmet™ way!

Here's the low down

Grab some chicken stock..(3 cups) in this case I used one 26oz carton of Swanson® Chicken Stock.

Throw it in a medium sized pot...and bring to a boil

once it's boiling throw in some salt, pepper, grate 2 cloves of garlic, and add two nice handfuls of Whole Wheat Egg Noodles.

Cook for about 4 to 5 mins, just shy of Al Dente, and then throw in about a cup of your favorite frozen veggies. I used an Italian blend of Zucchini, Cauliflower, Carrots, Lima Beans & Green beans.

Cook for another 5 till veggies are hot yet still crunchy! (You can also throw in some left over chicken breast, rotisserie chicken etc along with the veggies)

Once hot juice half a lemon and stir in.. I also found a little leftover pesto and threw a tablespoon in there!

It came out sooo good & I beasted! It also took less than 30 mins (Eat your heart out Rachel Ray!) and was super fun/easy to just create out of what was in my refrigerator!



Remember my little foodies out there! Cook fearlessly & Live Deliciously!


Michael Muñoz
The Gay Gourmet™


©2011 Michael Muñoz

No comments:

Post a Comment