Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby You're a Firework! - The Gay Gourmet!™

Sandwiches are probably one of my most favorite things to eat! I LOOOOVE ME A GOOD SANDWICH! I mean let's not get things twisted here I wont accept just any sandwich.

I come from the land of sandwiches and pizza, Brooklyn, NYC accent and all! Okay maybe the accent only comes out when I drink too much, which is like every day...so I really mean..who are you to judge me?!?! I mean...We take these things VERY seriously. Just the right amount of meat and condiment and extras or it's all wrong!

There is an art to the sandwich and I am a firm believer that if you have someone else make you a sandwich it is always better than making one for yourself! Hence why I bring you one of my most favorite sandwiches ever...Ms. Sandy Firewich! (You really need to start trying to give all your food drag names...so hard but so amusing!!) aka Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich!


You'll need the simplest of items...chicken thighs, FRANKS RED HOT®, celery, blue cheese & a touch of mayo!




boil & pull the chicken...piece it together....




& Baby you're a FIREWORK! - insert inspirational music here!




For the How To Video look here!






The List

* 6 bone in/skin on chicken thighs
* 3 Celery Stalks Cubed
* 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
* 1 TBS Mayonnaise
* 1/4 to 1/2 cup Blue Cheese
* 4 to 5 Grated/crushed garlic
* Salt & Pepper
* Favorite Buns!


The How

1. Season Chicken with salt, pepper and garlic. In a a heavy bottomed pot place chicken and cover with enough water so they are fully submersed and boil over medium/high heat till tender...about 40 mins to an hour. (reserve liquid to use as stock for soups, pasta, etc)

2. Remove chicken and let cool.

3. Remove skins and then with two forks start pulling meat off bone.

4. Combine all ingredients with pulled chicken

5. Place on bun and enjoy!Feel free to serve it alongside a salad, your favorite chip or maybe even The Gay Gourmet's!™ Sweet Potato Fries!






Deliciosly Living,

Michael Muñoz
The Gay Gourmet!™

©2011 Michael Muñoz

No comments:

Post a Comment