Apologies all around that your fearless Gay Gourmet!™ has been missing in action over the past week! When I found out Uncle Sam wants to suck the lint out of my already empty pockets I had to bump up the work/prostitution hours to pay him on time!
Note: If you're thinking about becoming an NYC Artist or have a kid that wants to come to NY to do theatre, save all your pennies and then some for tax season or convince them to go to med school!!
Anywho, as I've been working like a mad man I've been pondering and thinking about this blog a lot...and you're gonna see a lot of changes, hopefully, over the next month so bear with me and feel free to let me know what you like and don't!!
ONWARD AND UPWARD!!
So over the past week of being overly busy with every last aspect of my working life I had very little time to cook and truth be told the last thing I wanted to do was come home to cook. BUT WHAT'S A BOY (who has to keep up appearances since he is single & taking applications) TO DO IF HE WANTS TO STAY SKINNY & HOT?!?! cook! Cook!! COOK HONEY!!!
One of my healthy & easy go to meals is Turkey Burgers with Baked Sweet Potato Fries! Watch and learn!
And awaaaaay we gooo!!
Grab two nice sized Sweet potatoes & preheat oven to 375
Julienne them into fry like shapes!
on an aluminum lined baking sheet lay them flat in one layer. Drizzle and toss lightly with olive oil.
Salt & Pepper (for added kick try cinnamon or red pepper flakes too!)
Throw in the oven for about 35 to 40 mins till crispy!
Told you it was easy...NEXT!!!
Grab about a pound and a half of ground turkey (99% lean is what I like)
grab and chop a nice handful of cilantro (I'm a little bewildered by the fact that some don't like cilantro & if this is you, you can substitute parsley and/or rosemary & sage)
Next throw in a nice heaping tablespoon of pureed garlic (it can also be grated or chopped, 5 or 6 cloves will do)
Salt & pepper
Knead, massage and hand mix (Get Down & dirty folks!! Don't you get any ideas...gross)
Grab about a small palm-full and form into patty..
heat grill pan over medium heat& lightly grease using some nonstick spray (Smart Balance now makes one! Get your Omega 3's in a spray can!) or a tsp of EVOO!
drop patty or patties in pan for about 6 to 8 mins and then flip!
top with some sharp cheddar tomato & my Pineapple Guac and you are ready to go!!
The Gay Gourmet!™
©2011 Michael Muñoz
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
* 2 Medium/large Sweet Potatoes
* 1 TBS Olive Oil
* Salt & Pepper (Cinnamon or Red Pepper Flakes if you choose!)
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Wash & Julienne Sweet potatoes
3. On a baking sheet lay fries in a single layer and lightly toss in Olive Oil
4. Salt & pepper (Feel Free to throw on a little cinnamon or red pepper flakes for some extra spice)
5. Bake for 35 to 40 mins till crisp!
Sassy & Simple Turkey Burgers
* 1.5 lbs 99% lean Ground Turkey
* 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro (or parsley, or rosemary & sage)
* 1 TBS Chopped garlic
* Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (optional)
* Pineapple Guac(optional)
* Salt & Pepper
1. Combine cilantro, garlic & salt & pepper with ground turkey.
2. Incorporate with hands and form patties
3. Heat grill pan or skillet over medium heat& lightly grease using some nonstick spray (Smart Balance now makes one! Get your Omega 3's in a spray can!) or a tsp of EVOO!
4. cook for 6 to 8 mins each side
5. top with cheese, guac and serve with fries!