Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gourmet Soda! The Gay Gourmet!™ (Weight Watcher Alert!)

All this singing of my theme song sure did make me thirsty and although I'm sure it's Happy Hour somewhere I have a full day ahead of me and a cocktail just won't do right now!

I've already had my 2 pints of morning water and I'm craving something with flavor. (yes I get cravings..like pregnant lady cravings...so much so that I'd go to the ends of the earth to get somethings)

SO here I have a craving for soda, specifically Sprite, but this is one craving I more often than not try to NOT fulfill as it'll just be a downward spiral for me of high fructose corn syrup & calories!

So now what to drink...juice? I love juice but once again too much sugar and I have no self control... Club soda has the fizz but not the goodness that I want.. and let's be honest vitamin waters, ice teas etc etc are a gateway to becoming fat fast and diet drinks are gross! PLUS, Lord knows swimsuit season is right around the corner! So what's a boy to do!?!?!

ugh..

Oh wait.. I know..

Make home made soda! Yup you heard right... now just go with me on this one!

I am not a big fan of artificial sweeteners at all. Why? cause they taste artificial..duh! but I have been using a packet of Splenda® in my morning Fat Free Cappuccino cause I need something and it's bearable!

So I wondered.... What if I mixed a packet of Splenda, some club soda (sodium free) and a lemon and lime wedge? What did I get?!?! Diet Sprite without the sodium, the gross aspertame taste and a sense of I know how much chemical went into making it and into my body! For a quarter of the price at that!!! Weight Watcher's you are gonna thank me for this one!

I mean why not try it?!?! It'll curb that soda craving without having to go buy a two liter of something and end up in a sugar coma! It's my new drink and I may just add some Stoli Oranj to it on a Friday night!

"WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?!?!" - Dorothy Zbornak

P.S. I do know that some diet drinks come Splenda made but it's not the same and to be honest it's just more fun making it yourself!



Deliciously Drinking,

Michael Muñoz
The Gay Gourmet!™


©2011 Michael Muñoz

No comments:

Post a Comment