Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy V.D.! - The Gay Gourmet!™

Well, My little ducklings I hope your day is going swimmingly and is full of chocolates, roses and Hallmark cards!

As for me all I got today was my taxes done! Oh and I was told I owe a lot of moolah to the city & state of NYC..no love for me! Ooo well except from @LaTimesFood via twitter who told me they love me! That was definitely the highlight of love today!

Anywho, I realized I forgot to include dessert on my hearts menu and if you haven't ravaged each other by the time you've eaten all that food and drank all that wine; here's a simple recipe that will make the evening perfect!

Tuxedo Strawberries (because why shouldn't you dress your food fancily? It is fashion week after all here in NYC)

*one small bag white chocolate chunks
*one small bag dark chocolate chips/chunks
*1lb med/large strawberries preferably with stems

1. In a heat dry heat-proof glass bowl pour white chocolate chips. (make sure the bowl is very dry at all times as water will seize the chocolate)

2. Rest bowl over a pot of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. This is called a double boiler.

3. Stir chocolate and let melt

4. Once melted dip strawberries in White chocolate, scraping against side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper

5. Let cool and transfer to refrigerator for about 20 mins, till white chocolate has hardened.

6. Repeat 1 thru 5 with dark chocolate except only coat the sides on the white-chocolate dipped strawberries to create the tux jacket.

7. If you really want to get fancy and give your strawberry a bow tie and buttons take parchment and make into a well pointed cone. Dip point into dark chocolate and make a bowtie and buttons like the photo below.

This photo is not mine & was pulled off Google images as I couldn't find the picture of my strawberries that my photographer took. ugh!

Easy and delicious!

Well, good luck my love muffins and let me know how it all goes down! I WANT DETAILS!!

Oh, lastly, as I was doing all of this Frank came in with a V.D. message for all of us...woah Frank.


Well Frank... I do feel your pain as today isn't easy for me either! Especially, after the income tax news I received today. But that's the glorious thing about my menu that even if you just are cooking for yourself the food is comforting and decadent! Food to warm the soul! Hang in there as I'm sure all of my fans as well are I am sending you lots of love on this day!


Deliciously Living,

Michael Muñoz

The Gay Gourmet!™



©2011 Michael Muñoz

No comments:

Post a Comment