Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Queens Cookies! The Gay Gourmet!™

Since NYC has been covered in what I think is the most lovely blanket of snow over the past couple of weeks I have succumb to staying in my tiny Times Square Apartment, (better known as The Booty Shack), watching Bravo, any episode of The Nanny I can catch & creating loverly baked goods with what I have in my pantry.

So without further adieu...

Chocolate Peanutbutter Thumbprint Cookies with Blackberry jam

* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
* 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
* 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for rolling
* 1 large egg
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup blackberry jam
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate chips!

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat peanut butter and butter with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. (To be honest I have just been doing all my beating & mixing by hand with a large spatula and it has proven to just be better and little more satisfying but if you have a good mixer do it!) Add sugars, and beat until pale and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low. Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined.

2. Pour in Dark Chocolate Chips and fold in by hand till well mixed/pretty & speckled looking!

3. You can scoop level tablespoons of dough, and form into balls but I found it easier to just pinch off small sections and form them! Roll each ball in granulated sugar, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.

4. Bake until cookies are plump, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and make indentations in centers by pressing with the handle end of a wooden spoon. Return to oven, and bake until edges are golden, 6 to 7 minutes more. Transfer sheets to wire racks, and let them cool.

5. Heat jam in a small saucepan, stirring, until loosened, about 30 seconds. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each indentation and let cool.



Speaking of Cookies on this Episode of Frankly!™ Frank questions the integrity of the women with whom I keep company...


Frank these ladies are respectable, delicious and would take you for the ride of your life! I think Ms. Stockard Channing says it the best in her award winning film To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar!

Carol Ann: Adam's Apple. Women don't have Adam's Apples, only men have Adam's Apples. The first night that you came to town I noticed that you had yourself an Adam's Apple.
Vida Boheme: Then, then you know?
Carol Ann: I know, that I am very fortunate to have a lady friend who just happens to have an Adam's Apple.


So yes Frank...I am just very fortunate to have lady friends who just happen to have "Gommelthrods!


Ms. Paige Turner
One of my many pretty lady friends....Who's prettier than her?!?!

Deliciously Living,

Michael Muñoz
The Gay Gourmet!™

©2011 Michael Muñoz

No comments:

Post a Comment