Alrighty, hors d'oeuvres, appetizer & pasta course served with out a flaw! Now you got them where you want them! A little tipsy.. feeling nice with all the decadent food... you are almost ravaging each other BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
Let's bring this baby home!!
So last year I made this delicious duck breast with cherry glaze and some heart shaped sweet potato and eggplant slices which looked like this..
but I feel like just a little sweet potato mash would suffice. After all this is just a tasting menu!
*1 Duck Breast
*3 to 4 medium to small sweet potatoes
*2 TBS butter
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
*1/4 cup red wine (the cheaper the better)
*handful dried cherries
*1/2 Orange Zested
*1 TBS Olive Oil
*Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. peel sweet potatoes. Put them in a pot with enough water to cover them and boil till soft. Drain.
3. Take duck breast and score it (meaning cut 3 or 4 diagonal lines across top of breast) Season with salt & pepper. OR if you have a little all purpose seasoning like Adobo® (So Delicious!) season it LIGHTLY with that too! Just be careful as some of those things can be heavy with the salt!
4. In a pan heat tbs of Oil over med/high heat till hot and drop breasts in skin side down and leave them alone for about 5 mins or so each side. The point is to brown them deliciously on each side before putting them in the oven to cook!
5. Once each side is brown remove and put in the oven for about 5/8mins and it'll come out a nice, delicious medium rare! Let it rest once you pull it out of the oven for about 5 mins before slicing and serving.
6. While duck is cooking..take drained sweet potatoes, throw them back in the pot..mash them and combine with butter, cinnamon and salt & pepper.
1. In a small sauce pan take balsamic, wine and cherries and reduce over medium heat till slightly thick. A good measure is when it starts to coat a spoon!
2. Remove from heat stir in orange zest and spoon over duck!
Putting It Together
Take your larger heart shaped cookie cutting and butter the inside of it, Spoon the mashed sweet potatoes into the cookie cutter (on a plate of course) and remove cookie cutter.
Slice duck and arrange, sauce and beast on it!
Voila! Delicious! Sorry there isn't a pic my blogtographer has the flu! wah wah...
Till tomorrow you little love devils!!
The Gay Gourmet!™
©2011 Michael Muñoz