Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy National Margarita Day!

Now this is a holiday I can appreciate! I mean not that I need an excuse for a Margarita but if you are gonna give me one like National Margarita Day then I'm just gonna have to participate! I mean what kinda of patriotic American would I be if I didn't?

Since I just was alerted about this holiday I thought to myself, "What do I have in my apartment that would make this interesting and fun?" I have triple sec, limes, salt..well that won't do at all!

So I went ran out to the liquor store after work and splurged on some 1800 Silver (I mean how often is it National Margarita Day?) and then I thought to my self...hmmm..

"Margaritas = summer...Summer = Beaches, pineapples, bbq's, chips, salsa & guacamole"

So, quickly I ran to the market and picked up some pineapple juice and a couple jalepeños!

Gird your loins & prepare your taste buds cause here we goooooo!

Ladies & Gentalmen The Gay Gourmet!™ presents...

Ms. Rita Piquant!! (It's very fun thinking of Drag Names for recipes BTW)

Her Needs

*1 large martini glass (fish bowls work too!)
*4oz good tequila (I used 1800 Silver)
*2oz Pineapple Juice
*1oz triple sec or Grand Marnier
*1 Jalepeño
*2tbs Kosher salt &/or colored sugar
*1/4 of a lime juiced



Her Demands..

1. Mix salt and sugar and place on plate or flat surface. Take 1 slice of of the lime and rub the rim of your martini glass and dip the glass in the salt sugar mix. This is called rimming the glass! (don't you get any ideas!)

2. In a shaker filled half way with ice. Add four thin slices of jalepeño, Tequila, Pineapple Juice, Triple sec, lime juice and shake!

3. Strain into martini glass and garnish with a few thin slices of jalepeño and enjoy carefully cause she's sweet to start but she'll get you with her piquant in the end!!




As always drink a lot, have a blast, take a cute someone home and DRINK RESPONSIBLY!

Happy National Margarita Day

Deliciously Living,

Michael Muñoz
The Gay Gourmet!™


©2011 Michael Muñoz

No comments:

Post a Comment