Now that you know what you'll be making for an appetizer (see V.D. Pt.1) I bet you're sitting there thinking well that's all good but I want to wine my date up a bit so that I'm sure to get lucky by the end of the night!
Well, I'm doing some wine research as we speak and that's to come in another section but if you want to serve a little snacky as you converse and nuzzle before dinner try these
Beeting Heart Chips with Horseradish Cream
*4 to 6 medium/small sized Golden & Red Beets (I like to use a combination of both)
*1 Tbs Olive Oil
*2 Tbs Horseradish
*1/3 Cup creme fraiche
*2 Heart shaped cookie cutters 1sm 1med
*Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Slice beets into 1/4in slices and punch out heart shapes from centers
3. Line cookie sheet with aluminum and toss Beet Hearts with Olive Oil & salt
4. Put in oven for about 25 mins or until crisp!
5. Whilst chips are baking combine horseradish with creme fraiche in a bowl salt and pepper to taste
6. pull chips out of the oven, let cool slightly and serve along side dip!
So easy & delicioso!!!
The Gay Gourmet!™
©2011 Michael Muñoz